Some examples of cosmetics include deodorants, shampoos and soaps, hair dyes, toothpaste and make-up.
European legislation, through the EU Cosmetics Regulation ((EC) No. 1223/2009), establishes standards for cosmetic products that are available on the market.
Specifically, the regulation
- strengthens safety requirements for cosmetic products
- places specific requirements on manufacturers in relation to the preparation of product safety reports prior to introducing products to the market
- introduces the concept of a ‘responsible person’
- centralises notification of products using the EU Cosmetic Product Notification Portal (CPNP)
- mandates reporting of serious undesirable effects (SUE) and sets out new rules for the use of nanomaterials in cosmetic products
We provide a range of services to the cosmetics sector, including preparation of product safety reports, SDS preparation and CLP advice.
If you have any queries relating to cosmetics and our services, please send an email to email@example.com or contact our team on +353 1 849 5284.