Overview of the Biocidal Products Regulation (EU) No. 528/2012
The webinar provides an understanding of the EU regulation of biocidal active substances, biocidal products and biocidal product families. It goes through the background and fundamentals of Regulation (EU) No 528/2012, including:
– terminology and definitions
– biocidal product types and main groups
– exclusion and substitution criteria
– the review programme of existing active substances
– approval of a new active substance in the EU
– procedures for biocidal product authorisation (union, national, MR, simplified)
– the biocidal product family concept
– same biocidal products
– obligations under Article 95
– technical equivalence
– available guidance
– data protection
– dossier submission and compilation
– treated articles
– in-situ generated active substances
To ensure the most effective training with optimal involvement from the attendees, and encourage attendees to ask questions during the training, places are strictly limited to 30 delegates per webinar.
All registrants to the training webinar will receive a copy of all slides and access to a recording of the webinars for your personal review.
Dr. Irene McGrath
Irene studied Analytical Science at Dublin City University before completing a Ph.D. in Chemistry.
She has spent over 30 years managing Regulatory Departments and working as a consultant for the regulation of plant protection products, biocides, plant biostimulants and fertilisers in the EU, working in private industry and as a consultant. Irene manages the regulatory team at Kerona Scientific, working with clients worldwide.
Catherine studied Analytical Chemistry and completed a Masters in Toxicology at Jordan University and has worked for over 15 years as a toxicology and chemistry consultant for the regulation of biocides, plant protection products and REACH in the EU and Middle East. Catherine is an expert in human health risk assessment, toxicology, classification and labelling and chemistry requirements for active substances and biocidal products, working with many different product types over the years.