Environmental Risk Assessment under the Biocidal Products Regulation (EU) No. 528/2012
The webinar goes through the background and fundamentals of environmental risk assessment under the BPR, including:
- key parameters and inputs
- end-points (environmental fate, ecotoxicological)
- interpretation and refinements of the exposure assessment
- sources of guidance
- environmental compartments considered (emission pathways)
- application scenarios, emission scenario documents
- calculation of emissions and PECs
- models available, EUSES 2.2.0
- risk characterisation
- risk management measures, refinement options
- considerations for biocidal product families
To ensure the most effective training with optimal involvement from the attendees, and encourage attendees to ask questions during the training, places are strictly limited to 30 delegates per webinar.
All registrants to the training webinar will receive a copy of all slides and access to a recording of the webinars for your personal review.
Dr. Irene McGrath
Irene studied Analytical Science at Dublin City University before completing a Ph.D. in Chemistry.
She has spent over 30 years managing Regulatory Departments and working as a consultant for the regulation of plant protection products, biocides, plant biostimulants and fertilisers in the EU, working in private industry and as a consultant. Irene manages the regulatory team at Kerona Scientific, working with clients worldwide.
Catherine studied Analytical Chemistry and completed a Masters in Toxicology at Jordan University and has worked for over 12 years as a toxicology and chemistry consultant for the regulation of biocides, plant protection products and REACH in the EU and Middle East. Catherine is an expert in human health risk assessment, toxicology, classification and labelling and chemistry requirements for active substances and biocidal products, working with many different product types over the years.